Sunday, July 17, 2022

The Oneders!

Woke up this morning to "That Thing You Do!" by The Wonders playing in my head. 

I'm know I had dreams too, but don't remember them, which is usually par for the course. Sometimes I have the most vivid dreams, but they are few and far between. 

The first dream I ever remember remembering was back as a teenager, I dreamt about Michael J Fox doing stand-up comedy, and his stage name was so funny that when I woke up I immediately scrawled it into my diary, and that's the only reason I can still remember it today: Runt McSize!

Other dreams have involved me being trapped in the back seat of a moving car. In an earlier one from 2018, I contemplate opening the door but can't, even as I'm screaming on the inside bc my son is in danger. In a later one (2020?), it's different circumstances but there I am in the back seat needing to get out, and I do, pulling my son's blanket around me for protection as I throw myself out. A more recent dream this year had me in charge of my own car, yay! Back in June 2020 I even had a premonition --clear only on hindsight-- of the fate of my marriage/relationship with my then husband. I also had a convoluted dream with a guest appearance by Joe Biden.  

I attend a Dream Circle every once in a while, not only to bring my dream to share, but to just participate in listening to others' dreams, and sharing what they might mean to me, in my imagined version of the dream. It is here that a flash of a scene --searing broccoli but needing to leave-- can still be explored and deep meaning teased out of it.

Everything in dreams are an aspect of yourself. 

It's validating, going from helpless in a car, to driving my own car, it says a lot about development of my sense of self over the years.

I hold on to wins like these.


Lynne
9:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...