Thursday, February 18, 2010

disclosure: some required legalese

You might have noticed that I've added some ads to Life After Work recently.

... I certainly hadn't planned on going this route, but because of changes in how today.com is making its payments (it's now totally based on revshare, I don't earn anything just from visits to my today.com sites anymore, bummer!) I needed to get myself my own Google AdSense and Amazon.com Associates accounts; once I had them, I figured I might as well leverage them for myself on this blog ...

... Then there is the US Federal Trade Commission's requirement that "bloggers who make an endorsement must disclose the material connections they share with the seller of the product or service" that I've not properly complied with yet...

As a result, here is some required legalese I need to disclose:

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by yours truly who goes by the internet moniker of lynne naranek, and usually signs off as *lynne*. For questions about this blog, please contact me via the contact form.

All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network or affiliate program (to date: Google AdSense and Amazon.com Associates).

In order to serve ads when you visit this website, these third-party advertising companies may collect and use information such as your IP address -- but not your name, address, email address, or telephone number -- about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here (Google) or here (Amazon).

In order to serve ads when you visit this website, these third party advertising companies usually use cookies; specifically, Google uses the DART cookie to enable it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit this site and/or other sites on the Internet. You may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

Compensation is in the form of commission paid only if/when somebody purchases goods or services via a link on this blog or its RSS feed. Said commission is paid by the seller, not you the buyer. Any compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.

This policy is valid from 18 February 2010


The above was produced with reference to hospitalera's Policies and Sitemap page, and with help from DisclosurePolicy.org.

Thank YOU for your time and attention.

Now back to blogging!

Image credits: ?!?!?? and DONE! by svilen001

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...