Sunday, September 02, 2007

a random encounter - better than the toilet tale!

so two days ago, I had just entered the neighborhood grocery store, and was studying the 99c mangoes when someone passed by me and seemed to say something to me. I looked up to see this tall elderly Indian man smiling down at me. I smile back friendlyly, wondering if this is one of the many people I've met at some of my Yoga group's gatherings, and hoping desperately I'm not expected to remember his name or anything... then he asks "Are you ... filipina? Or mexican? ...." I'm like crap, no I *don't* know this guy, do I? I smile a forced smile and laughingly reply "No, none of the above," and return my attention to the mangoes, only to hear him continue, in a tone that I can only describe as "amazed": "... but, you're so beautiful!" [ I KID YOU NOT!!! ] I'm getting a bit uncomfortable at this stage, and am readying to thank him for the compliment as I walk away, when he continued "... can I talk to you sometime?" I give a half chuckle and smile widely as I reply "Thank you, but no thanks," and to my relief he doesn't insist, and walks off or something. I continue with my shopping, every once in a while smiling and shaking my head in disbelief at that entire interaction.

Whaddaya think, better than the toilet tale, right? :-)

= = = =

:( Can't believe it's already been 10 years since Diana's death :-(

= = = =

On a much lighter note: thought I'd share this very blogworthy joke, received courtesy of my f-i-l about a month ago:

MY NEXT LIFE


In my next life, I want to live it backwards; here's why:

You start out dead and get that out of the way.

Then you wake up in a nursing home feeling better every day.

Then you get kicked out for being too healthy.

You enjoy your retirement and collect your pension.

Then when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day.

You work 40 years until you're too young to work.

You get ready for High School: drink alcohol, party, and you're generally promiscuous.

Then you go to primary school, you become a kid, you play, and you have no responsibilities.

Then you become a baby, and then...

You spend your last 9 months floating peacefully in luxury, in spa-like conditions - central heating, room service on tap, and then...

You finish off as an orgasm.


I rest my case.


Have a good weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Aww, that guy sounds sweet... but on the verge of creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry did not realise your comments are on top... so I commented on your previous post.

    Just wondering what The Indian Gentleman was referring to a beautiful filipina or Mexican? Maybe u should pose your pic here for all of us to evaluate.....(C my serious face).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if just to flatter you:

    When I mentioned to my younger sis that I met up with you while you were back in KL, she mentioned that you are "so pretty one." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I like your f-i-l's joke. :)

    My f-i-l has no sense of humour...or rather the kind that we all just roll our eyes and shake our heads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kim> yup! I wonder if that's how he chats up all the girls he meets?

    DG> (no worries about the "mislocated" comments) ... haahahaa no I'm not "beautiful", not in my eyes anyway... and the closest view you'll have of my face is here :-)

    Kin> LoL! I think the best classification for me would be "different" which is why I stood out (very unwillingly, I might add) to everyone in school, at work, on the street,... ugh! btw - when I mean the joke's from my f-i-l, it just means he forwarded the email only (and he does that so often there are rare hits among all the misses!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynne :)

    If I have a penny for every time a complete stranger walks up to me and started speaking in Spanish or asking if I were either a Mexican or Hawaiian, I can probably go on a shopping spree at Victoria's Secrets.

    And then there was that guy in NYC who followed me around Times Square, apparently besotted over my "exotic looks." *sigh*

    Oh hey Lynne, thanks for my chili sauce! It doesn't matter how long I've been in the US or how much I've weaned myself of Malaysian food, I need chili sauce to survive! :D

    Dot

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...