And with the mega-cold, it's also mega-dry... so I keep zapping myself on EVERYTHING! I touch the light switch and ZAP! I touch the laptop and ZAP! I pet the kitty and ZAP! Heck, I touch the DVD player and not only ZAP but I also *see* the green spark on the machine! It's so tiring! And painful! Did I mention painful??
And mega-dry causes mega-dehydration! And I'm so *not* a water-drinker... but I *did* find a way around that about a month ago: FIBER!! Fix myself a glass of generic orange-flavoured fiber powder, and "chase" that with another glass of plain water. I do that every two to three days, and sometimes that's all the water I drink all day! I know it's nowhere close to what I need to me having every day, but it's certainly better than not having any at all, eh?
And every time I consume that fiber drink, I am reminded of that FRIENDS episode where Ross & Chandler are bullied out of their usual spot in the coffee house, so they try to fix their own cappuccino in the apartment.. but it's not frothy or mixing together well, so they have to "Stir and drink, stir and drink, never let it settle!"
Hence this post's title.
NOTE: * : My layers:
- bottom: pantyhose [which I *hate* wearing! but they help with that extra layer for the legs!], ankle-high socks & baggy jeans.
- feet: "weatherproof" ankle-high boots [which don't really keep me warm - my poor toes get frozen fast! Any suggestions for a brand/model of boots that keep my toes warm and toasty??].
- top: singlet w/ "chest support", turtleneck sweater, Dallas Cowboys hoodie thingy [before Bears fans cry foul: this is the only piece of clothing I have which is warm *amd* has a hood! and covering your head is *vital* at these vicious temperatures!].
- hands: thinsulate gloves - not the best in terms of keeping my fingers warm, but they'll have to do. I used to have excellent doe-skin gloves which I lent to a certain relative and never got back :-(
- overall: my "nice" winter coat that isn't *that* warm BUT it goes down to mid-thigh so it covers my butt [yup, that's one my criteria for a good winter coat!]