Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gawd but do I lurve the internets!

So I'd stumbled upon this concept of "literal music videos" a few months ago when the version for A-Ha's Take On Me made its rounds through the internet. ... Then thanks to a tweet by @redeyechicago today I was pointed to The Huffington Post's article on The 7 Best Literal Music Videos of All Time, which contained not only the A-Ha vid but six others, some of which were absolutely hi.la.rious.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about... "literal music videos" are essentially voiced-over music videos, where the song now describes what's going on in the video.

Still confused? No worries! I'd like to feature three vids (only one of which is in The Huff's list, so don't worry, you can enjoy all those AND these too!) which I think are hella awesome :)

[There's a pop quiz question at the end, so pay attention!]

First, Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart:


Second, Meat Loaf's I Would Do Anything For Love:

Pay special attention to what's said at 6:55-7:10ish :D


Third, Air Supply's Making Love (Out of Nothing at All)


.. and now the question: what do these three songs have in common?

Submit your guesses in the comments :)

.. and have a great weekend everybody!

If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to my feed
or subscribing via email. I'm on Twitter too!

1 comment:

  1. Heeey, thanks Lynne for posting them here. I did see Aha one too. I actually love the original song, but enjoyed this version too. :-) They gave me such a good laugh all of them. I was practically roaring laughing. I hope you are well Lynne. I am just really "out of" blogworld lately. Or should I say for ages!? Plus I've been very little social; hence the absence all over the place. Hopefully it will improve.

    Love EV :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...