Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Friendster Update

So I receive this Friendster Update every week or so.

Not that I've logged in since forever.

For some reason this morning, I went ahead and asked Friendster to check one of my main email accounts' address book, just to see who else I knew was within the network.

Heh.

Out of 107 email addresses found, 9 were already within the Friendster network. Interestingly....
  • Of the 9, 5 were WORK e-mail addresses! Dunno about you, but even while I was within *that* network I made it a point to separate work from what little life I had outside of it! Besides, it's just best not to mix work and non-work... what's so difficult in using a 3rd party email addy?
  • Of the 9 [and 5], 2 were totally inactive - as if the persons had opened the account then promptly forgot allll about it. Most of the others seem to be at my level of activity: some pix posted, some friends enlisted, that sort of thing. Only like two were actively using their account. But those two? Wow, talk about loads of friends! How on earth do people keep track? Also, are they really friends, or just anyone who happened to stumble into that circle?
Meaningful? Doubtful :p

Aaaanyways, I am soooo not into this whole "put yourself out there for the whole world to see" thing... am considering just killing that friendster account. Or just let it lie dormant anyway :p

3 comments:

  1. I have not even herad of friendster... but it sounds a bit like MySpace... annoying and encouraging to stalkers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I one of those that have friendster and MySpace but did not update or opened it for ages.

    Ermm.. yup will never use my office mail address....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim> yup, it's exactly like facebook & myspace, I'm sure.

    DG> heehehe, thanx for owning up, teeheehee! I have other things like Ringo, and Birthday Alarm too, joined because was invited then didn't do anything after that....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...