Thursday, March 22, 2007

You are what you eat?

It's interesting to observe myself getting back into the groove of exercising almost daily, considering during the past three months I was lucky to hit the gym even once a week! The dark, cold & short days of winter *do* get to me: I kinda knew it, but it's clear only in hindsight.

In addition, while last year's IQ vs lbs thingy never did get off the ground, with the stirrings of spring I've started keeping an eye on my food consumption. Trying to keep intake at around 1500 cals PLUS zone-balanced, BUT allowing for "zig-zags" [upping cal consumption to 2000 cals every 3 days or so, so that the body doesn't go into starvation mode]. I can't quite swing the ~300 cals x 5 or 6 mini-meals though. However, it's been about 1.5 weeks now, and I *think* the [unreliable] weighing scale in the bathroom *is* showing a downward trend! Yay! We'll see what the other measurements say in a week or so...

But anyway... what with all the meal tracking I've been doing, this meme over at Talks Over Coffee seemed to be something easy to do, so I tagged myself. Here goes:

TEN THINGS I'VE EATEN TODAY
("today" being yesterday, Wednesday, March 21 2007)


Breakfast #1 @ 530am
1. Zone bar (Mango Orange Delight flavour)

Breakfast #2 @ 1130am
2. 1 cup broccoli, steamed/nuked then mixed with
3. 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, lightly seasoned with season-all salt to taste

Snack @ 2pm
- another Zone bar (1) (this time my fave: Fudge Graham flavour)

Lunch @ 330pm
4. Chicken, Broccoli & Cheese Croissant Pocket, with (3) another 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
5. 1 can Coke Zero

Dinner @ 730pm
6. 1/4 cup store-ready "pulled chicken in bbq sauce", nuked, then mixed with
7. 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese; this mixture then used as "stuffing" in
8. 3/4 of a medium green pepper, washed down with (5) another can of Coke Zero

Supper @ 930pm
9. Yoplait yogurt, mixed with
10. 3/4 cup Special K "High Protein / Carb Control" cereal

So yesterday i consumed 10 different items, though some of these items were consumed more than once. Hope my way of presenting the info wasn't too confusing!

But... even better... I'm feeling good because yesterday was particularly low-cal: all that totalled just less than 1300 cals!

Then again, the day before I'd totally "zagged" by having 2 dunkin stix and 24 fl oz of White Hen's probably sugar- and fat- laden French Vanilla flavoured Cappuccino at 9pm, with the day's total caloric intake estimated at over 2000 cals,,, so these next few days need to be a major "zig"!

But yes, 1300 is kinda low, so no worries, today I won't be as strict, so long I keep the intake less between 1500 - 1800 cals. It'll help that I've run out of cottage cheese anyway, LoL!

So anyway... anyone wanna tag themselves, go right ahead. No need to analyse the cals and stuff though, that was just my added touch, LoL!

1 comment:

  1. It's a long time since my counting calories days... I stopped because I find it so 'tiring', LOL.

    And thanks for sporting enough to do the meme.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...