Thursday, November 04, 2004

FuRtHeRiNg mY bLoG eDuCaTiOn

This blog-queen-wannabe has succeeded in the following:

1. you may have noticed i've made my blogs on this main page as "expandable summaries" this means that you get some "teasers" of each blog, and would need click on the link to get the full story. Did that cos I myself found it bothersome to have to scroll down and down and down to get to the next blog entry.. hopefully you appreciate that too.

2. At every item page (where you end up when you click the read more link) I've also added a "back to main page" link. Yes sure you could just hit the back button on your browser... but let's say someone sends someone else a link to just that one item page... I'd like for that someone to easily get to my main blog page :D

Problems:
1. I like to have my text "justified" - however, mixing the expandable summary feature with hustified alignment gives me problems :-( Instead of the "read on" link on the next line, it appears after many many blank lines :-( couldn't figure how to fix that - spend most of the day just attempting to clean up the "LHDN" and "eggs" blogs that seemed the worst affected.

2. Have to figure out how to NOT have the "read more" link appearing on short articles... right now it will appear whether or not I put in the expandable summary function... (like this one...)

3. Have to figure out how to make the "read more" link appear immediately following the last word of the teaser... I dont like how it is on the next line :-(

yes so I have a long way to go to learn HTML... but this is a good first step :-)

No comments:

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...