Saturday, March 08, 2008

... it warms my heart ...

Warmth #1 : it looks like the Barisan Nasional has been denied a 2/3 majority in the newly elected Malaysian parliament. Votes are still being tallied, but it seems instead of just Kelantan (and Terengganu at one point, right?), Penang and Kedah are no longer in BN's hands. I am of course a bit concerned that it's PAS, the not-just-race-but-also-religion-based party, that's emerged victorious in Kedah... we'll see how things go over there...

Warmth #2: So over at Facebook I decided to look up some authors I like, and found that Patrick Rothfuss has a fan page and an actual group there. I fanned the former and joined the latter. And the next day, *gasp!*, I got a friend request from Mr Rothfuss! I was all geeked out that entire day :-) After all, it shows that he goes though his Facebook activity, and is acknowledging my fandom by "friend"-ing me. *grin* And just for that, I'll plug his work just a little bit more: if you haven't read The Name of the Wind yet, do pick it up, it really is a great book,,, I can't wait for Book 2 (and of course, after that, Book 3) to finally come out!!!

... another facebook- and author- related post next, stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...