Saturday, November 18, 2006

it's written in the stars

Well, more like written in that email from astrology.com: "Mercury turns direct in Scorpio on November 17, it's time to incorporate everything you've learned during this Mercury retrograde period, which began October 28. Hopefully, you’ve done your research and are ready to forge ahead. Independent Uranus turns direct on November 19, bringing change and a desire to be totally true to yourself. Just what is that magical mixture that makes you unique? As you are contemplating that, Jupiter enters philosophical and travel-oriented Sagittarius on November 23 for the first time in 12 years. A new course must be mapped out -- are you ready?"

Heh. There you have it. Mighty active astrological activity around us,, have *you* felt anything? [ /end rolling eyes]

Anyways.

Thought I'd share with you a well-written post, by one of my admired bloggers, on Borat and how it holds a mirror up to the USA. Still doesn't change anything for me: I'm certainly looking forward to seeing it - on DVD.

Speaking about DVDs... so with the Netflix and all,,, Kosh surprised me not just by insisting on getting Date Movie, but on pushing it up to the top of the queue. I mean, I *was* interested when I first heard about it, but as soon as I saw trailers for it, I knew it wasn't going to be worth a watch, even tho it stars my dear Willow. For some reason, Kosh had the impression it was really good [then again, he keeps saying Scary Movie 3 was great, while I felt the higher the Scary Movie number the worse the movie..] ... anyways, so the DVD arrived yesterday, and today we watched it. All I can say is don't do it to yourself, don't watch this movie, it's so not worth the time! I let out only two real laughs throughout. Now to see if I can get away with "accidentally" deleting Scary Movie 4 from the queue.... ;-)

And about Stephen King's Cell: while it was great to have a nice tale of King "horror" to sink my teeth into, the tale itself was just too much like The Stand, and nowhere near as satisfying. Don't buy it, borrow it from your library! [a proper review will hopefully be submitted to FWDT soon]. Now to take on Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five :-) no new DVD arrivlas till at least Monday, bummer!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    Well yes I could definitely feel that the stars had been working on the 17th... Hehe...

    I haven't seen any of the films you're mentioning, so I can't debate whether they are good or not.Enjoyed the post though.
    I hope you are well, and not so upset about the bloody weight stuff. You are great Lynne!

    Love Monsoon

    Ps My word verification: Ho cat *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear!

    I hope you are well. You haven't blogged in a few days. Almost getting worried I am.

    Well hope to see you soon, and hope you are ok and happy.

    Hugs Monsoon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...