Friday, January 09, 2009

Foody Friday: pumpkin edition

About a month ago, I shared a Foody Friday post about my mega-pumpkin bread. Since then, I've made at least three iterations:

The main change has been to use an 8x8 instead of a loaf pan. As KTN pointed out, this makes it no longer pumpkin bread but rather pumpkin bars. Whatever you want to call it, it works out much better in the 8x8.



The most recent iteration is the most unusual to date: I added a melted brick of cream cheese into the whole thing. Oh wow. Makes it REALLY heavy. And we're back almost to square one with the pumpkin pie filling consistency. I have no idea how to change the cooking temperature and time to accommodate the new ingredient. It's absolutely delish, though.

They have all been delish. So much so that I have no pictures of the finished products, LoL!

I've been threatening to make a batch with some chocolate chips inside. Kosh scrunches up his face, saying he doesn't think they go together. I don't know why it's stuck in my mind, though. What do you think - chocolate pumpkin bread bars sound good to you? (minus the cream cheese though; one surprise ingredient at a time!)

Have a good weekend!


If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to my feed,
and checking out my other blog: a malaysian abroad

3 comments:

  1. I have been folowing your blog through Entrecard. I have to say that I am not a pumpkin person but you add in chocolate and cream cheese. Now that sounds like something good to even me. Good luck and I will have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seronoknya, main masak-masak.

    Pumpkin is really nutritious, I'm sure you know. I love it cooked anyhow. I've even tried pumpkin chips!

    MiL does all the cooking, for better or worse, so whatever skills I had in my earlier days are all but frozen memories.

    If/when we move then I will be glad to have my own kitchen at last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that are really good, so I think pumpkin and chocolate go well together.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...