Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Weekend Getaway

Picking up da gurls
    I had three girls to pick up from KL Sentral.
    Guess how many different locations I had to go the pick-ups? THREE!!
    Yeah, that's how confusing KLSentral is. And how confusing my directions were :p

Getting there
    I L.O.V.E. having the Touch&Go card - escaped the queues of the cash payers. whoohoo! Traffic was pretty okay until a few km before the lanes narrowed from 3 to 2 - bottleneck = friggin jam! But at least we didn't c.r.a.w.l. lah.

Arrival
    reached there around 330pm.
    Put everyone to work dusting, sweeping, mopping the place.
    Sweaty!
    Then we rested :)

    Around 6pm went out for supplies, but ended up visiting the pasar malams in "town" and at the "beach", scarfing down pseudo kebabs while walking around, buying food for later, then had dinner. Then got the ICE and snacks.

Da night
    Out came da booze. Down went da booze.
    It was REALLY obvious that I *so* enjoyed NOT having the responsibility to drive everyone home the same night!
    Thing is, it was all so great that I probably took a bit too many too fast, because I was the first to crawl onto the couch and surrender to sleep, despite the others going "Hey! It's way too early to be passing out!! The night is still young?!!"

    Then Baby Angel hit the hay soon after.

    I woke up about 2 hours later, and rejoined KS & Rail; they were still going strong with stout & white wine :-p

    I stuck to water. Lots o water.

    I think we all hit the hay around 6am :-)

The morning after
    Everyone woke up at different times, and I ended up doing a sorta taxi service.

    First, breakfast just me & Baby Angel
    Then, lunch with KS & Baby Angel
    Then, a second lunch with Rail & Baby Angel
    All at pretty much the same gerai makan, heeheehe!

    It was just too friggin hot to even hit the beach.

    Packed up, left around 4pm. But not before KS went shutterbug crazy taking pix of the house, and the monkeys in the trees nearby, heeheeee!

    Took forever to get back into town - there musta been 4 stretches of crawling, tho had no indication of any accidents. Again - LOVE the Touch&Go card! :-)

    Dropped off Baby Angel.

    Had dinner at Steven's @ Pandan Indah. Had cheese & Garlic naan (KS loved it so much she bought FOUR to takeaway, LMAO!).

    Dropped off Rail.

    Dropped off KS.

    Didn't feel like going straight back, so hung out at the PJ Hilton Beanie till around 9pm.

    Went back.

    Showered.

    OMG it was SO GOOD to be all clean again (not that I didn't shower while there, but, well, i'd just start sweating all over again as soon as I stepped out of the shower!). And SO GOOD to step out of the bathroom into an air-conditioned room, whoohoo! I really can't imagine how people survive without air-conditioning anymore.

All in all, was a fun time.

And no, I was never tempted to even LOOK at all those boxes of books stored there. My momentum's kinda shot anyway, so I may just leave 'em for another time. In a few years or so maybe? heehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...