Saturday, July 15, 2006

audience participation required, part deux

As i type this, i've responded to TWO commenters [adam and SG]... any more takers? go drop a line HERE and i'll respond there too.

Thought I'd highlight what Dariush responded for me in his blog. and add my own responses :-)
"something random"
1. You are a rat. Just like me.
kewl! i looked at yr age: u r one cycle younger than me, and Baby Angel's age :-)

"challenge"
2. If you do end up in Chicago, you HAVE to try the Iranian food at Reza's. And barring that, post a picture of yourself, even if it's an artsy one that doesn't really ID who you are.
I'll have to take note of Reza's [KOSH!! TAKE NOTE!! hehehee!!]; i am ROTFLMAO at the not IDing who i am heeheheeeee! check this out - artsy enough? or too "safe"? heeheehe!

"color"
3. Jungle green, since Malaysia has jungles.
AWESOME! my fellow popians would be so happy too :-) note the color i'm choosing to use for my responses too! :-)

"like"
4. You re-read books, and then you find something different in them and something different in yourself.
wow that's deep.. but kinda true :-)

"first/clearest memory"
5. You are a fellow Lost Blogger, which is how I "met" you.
yep! glad i participated and "met" a totally different set of bloggers to get to know better.

"animal"
6. A tarsier (jungle theme continuation). Inquisitive, curious, all eyes and ears.
grrr had to look this up, believe it or not :p reminds me of a lemur... thaaaaanx! heehehehe! i like this little blurb tho: "When caged, some tarsiers have been known to injure and even kill themselves because of the stress"

"something always wanted to ask"
7. Where are you from and what's your background?
Dunno how coherent this nutshell is gonna be: I'm a half-breed Malay [which is equated to being a Muslim here] and Swiss; born and bred in Malaysia: Grew up pretty much an "outsider" because I didn't look [and certainly didn't act like a] Malay, but technically i *was* Malay and therefore "enjoyed" the "benefits" of being of the "right" race in Malaysia. One benefit was winning a scholarship to study Chemistry in the U.S. and those 5 years were fundamental in getting me "free to be me". I've oscillated between hating everything about this country to accepting it for all its flaws... i'll always be a Malaysian at heart [just don't ask me about being a Malay lah!]. Does that cover it?

"song"
8. Bear Necessities - That song from The Jungle Book. Again, the jungle theme, but it also is very laid back, as I get the impression you are.
heehehe i'm thinking nekkid ["bare" vs "bear"] stuff now, silly! heehehehe! but yeah, i'm laid back.. probably TOO laid back / liberal for this part of the world. kinda glad i'm heading back at the end of the month.

So... if anyone else intrigued yet? drop me a comment HERE, k? Then tell me how u like my responses lah :-)

3 comments:

  1. Woot. You responses make happiness warm my heart.

    And I didn't know you were a half-breed, or else that would have been one more thing in common for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted my own reply in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malaysians are the most beautiful people in the world... but racially mixed people are usually more beautiful than the people of either original race... so you must be a GODDESS. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...