Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A greeeeeeeen sunday coming up!

P. O. P. E. pope sedang meletup di ataslah terak Stadium Merdeka
Kami sorakkan agar berjaya kerana itulah idaman semua
A pseudo-cheer (more like a song with changed lyrics) for my "house" in high school.

We were all assigned "houses" of different colors (the usual being red blue green & yellow), and that was how we were grouped for sports activities.

In primary school, I was in yellow house. Felt no affiliation or loyalty one way or another.

But in SECONDARY school, it all changed.... there seems to be more "spirit" associated with your "house".

A lot of my friends and I were assigned to the green house.

Unfortunately, pope house had a history of being last all the time. Malaysians being Malaysians, so many popians didn't like being in the losing color, and didn't have much spiritor enthusiasm, therefore certainly not helping in getting the house on par with the others.

Never mind. My friends and I, we turned it around. So what if we were the house that always lost? If were were going to come out on the bottom, we'd do it with full enthusiasm!

Sure, we had to wear school uniforms during school. But we'd take great pride in writing in green ink. having green wallets. amassing green shirts. I had fluorescent neon lime green tights worn under a long green tee-shirt. neon green shoelaces in my shoes. i think u get the idea.

Anyways - so this Sunday... it started out as seeing who would be available to meet up,,, and it's snowballed into a pseudo-reunion for St Marians "Class of 1989".

And since the majority of the initial "yes count me in!"s were from Pope house... it was decided that the "dress code" for Sunday would be jeans and a gren top.

muuaaahahahahaaaaa!

What can I say - "my" batch of popians are the best :-)

This Sunday is going to be a blast!

****
NOTE: All four colors were assigned a name of an ex-headmistress.
- Pope = Green
- Pring = Yellow
- Playne = Red
- McNeil = Blue (yes, the blues are the odd one out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...