Monday, June 12, 2006

soooooooo tempted!

... okay so if you remember from a while ago, i got information on the hoops i need to jump through.. (click... and see the "update" in green at the bottom)

So.. have been doing some "jumping" based on that "info pack",,, and recently I got info on the *next* phase, involving of course new hoops and another set of forms.

So, I went online lah hunting for newer versions of these forms. Couldnt find 'em anywhere.

So... i wrote "them" an email seeking clarification on a few things, including the following:
I have looked online for the soft-copy versions of the [...] forms [provided the form #'s], but to no avail [inserted site where the other forms had been obtained]. Are they in fact available online?

Their unedited reply:
Why are you looking for soft copies while you have the hard copies with you..? Anyway, this forms are not available online.

Can I reply as follows?
Hmmmm, let's see... maybe it's because ALL the hard copy forms you've EVER sent me have been OUTDATED and OBSOLETE, that's why!!!! One of them was TWENTY YEARS out of date; and most of them even have this not inconsequential note at the bottom saying "PREVIOUS VERSIONS OBSOLETE", for heaven's sake!!

And these forms in particular? They expired in 2004.

In case you haven't checked the calendar lately, it's now 2006.

So what if these particular forms don't seem to have that "previous versions obsolete" notice on the bottom. Technically they are "expired". I want to use the latest/current/VALID versions of these forms, precisely because where&when I live right now, it's 2006.

I'd like to be able to submit forms that are actually valid for this portion of the space-time continuum.

So YOU tell ME why I should NOT be looking for these forms online.

Please. Enlighten me.

Oh, and while you're at it, how about keeping an eye on your English? For example:
  • singular/plural agreement: "...this forms are not..."
  • confusion over homophones: "... wants the forms [...] are received ..."
  • past/present tense agreement (1) : When asked "Do I need to ...", your answer was "... you did not need to ..."
  • past/present tense agreement (2) : "... documents will be mail to you ..."

Cheers,
*lynne*
Can you tell I'm just a weeeeee bit exasperated? :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...