Friday, April 07, 2006

it's here!

For those who know what I'm talking about: the package arrived today.

My immediate reactions:

  1. I was really surprised to see a checklist that hasn't been officially revised since 1991?

  2. Especially when it certainly seems to desperately need official revision, looking at the FIVE amendments to the instructions SCRAWLED IN BY HAND! I'm sorry, but that strikes me as *so* unprofessional...

  3. So is having the checklist refer to some forms as, let's say ABC-123, but when you look at the attachment, it's form XYZ-123. Can we have some quality check please?


*sigh*

... These hoops are made for jumping (thru), and that's just what I'll have to do ...
(with apologies to Nancy Sinatra!)

(UPDATE @ 7pm: I just realised that one of the forms attached is Rev Version x-x-84. Guess what the current version online is dated? y-y-04. OUTDATED BY TWENTY YEARS, PEOPLE! Hello, someone somewhere is NOT doing their job... this is making me *SO* irritated...)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynne,

    I really hope I get a current set of forms ...and not all these soooooo out-of-our-generation set that you got....:(

    Soooo behind the times lah!

    Peggy :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...