Monday, April 24, 2006

What's wrong with this picture?

Okay, first off, I actually wanted to rant about the poor condition of the gym in this apartment complex last week already, because last Monday, the pedal of the stationary bicycle was missing, and the wire/pulley for one of the machines had come off. But I figured, nvm, no need to rant lah.

Then today (my first trip to the gym since last Tuesday, so I wonder when this had happened), I saw:

See anything wrong? Here, how about THIS angle? See it now?

Yeah, THAT's how you have the pedals aligned on a bike. Uh huh. What am I, a kangaroo?

And while we're on the subject of crappy gym equipment..
This morning, the wire/pulley thing was out of its groove again. Wonder WHO is the culprit who doesn't know how to treat these machines with respect....

BUT... on a positive note.. and I *do* try to think positive despite feeling like I'm being surrounded by ID-10-T's all the time... I can actually work my quads on the leg extension station now!

See the hole (circled in red)?

That's where another of those padded bar thingys was... dunno if it really was supposed to be there or not... but with it there, there was no way I could get my legs OVER it and hooked on the lower padded bar with my feet, and neither could I squeeze my legs/thighs between that and the middle padded thingy.

And today, that padded thingy was gone.

And I can do my leg extensions. Whoohooo!

... Of course, one wonders where that little bit of equipment has gone to, cos it certainly ain't in the gym no more?!!

3 comments:

  1. WTF is going on with your gym?! But major props for being so ambitious to exercise!

    I have tried to post this 3x now... is it finally working? Sorry if it shows up a thousand times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is somethign normal in many appartments. I wa shocked when I found that the lift of my new yet-to-move-in apartment was covered in graffiti. Says a lot about the mentality of people already there.

    Maybe you should complain to the management and ask them to instal a camera to see who messing around and to prevent such acts in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kilax> maintenance of the gym, like pretty much everything else in this country, is infected with a bad case of tidak apathy. ... I'm supposed to "just be happy" that they've gotten new equipment. ... I'd like to know if they bothered to sign up for a preventive maintenance program with the equipment supplier (probably not: that cycle pedal was obviously installed by someone who didn't know what he was doing!)

    Thanx on the exercise encouragement :-) I need all I can get!

    and no worried about the comments - looks like blogger "took" just the one. Am seriously thinking of moving away from blogger... this is the second time in about a month that they've had major problems - kinda funny when i've been complaint-free about them for almost 2 years!

    Adam> wow... graffiti in a new apartment lift... *sigh* ... is it sa that I'm not that surprised?? :-( In this gym here, there actually seems to be a camera already installed, but where it's working or not is a different matter lah :p and whether its output is actualy being kept an eye on... :p

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...