Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The running man, and other thoughts

  • Well, maybe not the running man per se. How about the heavy relaxed but happy male? Or a light nervous sad female? See how they run, see how they run. Or walk. Or something. It's about 5 minutes of fun. Try it out: the Bio Motion Lab walker.

  • Wanna know what sort of life expectancy you have? Mine's a projected 90 (without "activating" advances in things like gene therapy / stem cell research). And that's with an income of ZERO muuaahahahaaaa! What's amusing is to see the "worth" of things like mineral supplements (5 years), & active sex life (3 years). Another 5 minutes of amusement HERE.

  • Possible explanation for my "looseness" alluded to in a previous post: combination of the fat-dispering massage with my detox neem supplements which I started taking again last week. "If you consume blood purifiers, you must remember that they will cause your body to push out toxins. You might notice stronger or darker urine. It may also be more pungent. Your stools may be unusual." Ya think? :p But yeah, I realised that while I stopped a major input of toxins into my body since August 22nd 2004, i haven't actually "detoxed" myself since then. I'm sure I'm in need for it. Hence the neem. And "unusual" "output" even before the massage, LOL!

Oh, gotta share what happened last Sunday night: The parents & I got into the car at 740pm to get to dinner. The plan was to go to the Japanese restaurant at a golf club in Subang where my dad's a member. It's a bit further out than where we usually go, but it was a sunday, and i guess my dad was in the mood to drive.

We got there, parked the car, and were walking towards the building, when POOF! the lights went out! No no no no no i didn't faint, nor did a prankster creep up behind me and cover my eyes and shout "Guess who??" ... it went POOF because the power went out!

After hanging out a bit hoping it was just a matter of someone having to slip a switch back on somewhere, decided to move on elsewhere.

Since we were a bit beyond their "normal" feeding area, the parents weren't really sure what was available & nice & palatable & "up to standard". They decided to try out the pizza place next to the Subang Jaya Medial Center. I thought it was a Pizza Hut. My dad thought it was a Shakey's. Turns out it's now a Domino's, LOL! So it was a blessing in disguise that we couldn't find any parking there: it was opposite a hotel that was obviously having a function with VIPs judging from the police "assisting traffic" around there.

Fine.

Drove back from the Subang area via the new highway, exiting at Jalan Gasing, and actually found a parking place right in front of Gem restaurant. Only to see a busload of brightly-clad Indian tourists walking in the door: they cater to these groups quite often, but never on a regularly scheduled basis, so we never know if they are open to walk-ins or not until we get there. This was one of the times they could NOT accomodate walk-ins.

What to do... back into the car we went, this time heading to Pizza Hut in PJ NewTown. The restaurant was bustling, but we were seated in no time.

It was 845pm.

All in all, it had taken us over an hour to get to a place that was perhaps 8 minutes away.

Yep, it was one of those days... :p

1 comment:

  1. You went through all that trouble, and ended up in a pizza place instead... bummer.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...