Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Bumper crop!

... of links from Linky & Dinky this week!

Among them:

  • I am amazed. I am shocked. I am no longer heating water/coffee in the microwave. Why? Because it seems that a kid's science fair project has shown that microwaved water is bad. Here's the link. But, sceptic that I am, I am also sending the link to snopes to see if this ain't a scam.

  • I could spend hours looking at this and finding the "images" of 75 bands. And precisely because it would take hours, I haven't done more than a few minutes. Matchbox 20. Led Zepplin. Pet Shop Boys. Guns n Roses. Green Day. Smashing Pumkins. I probably would never identify all 75. Can you?

  • No idea who Longmire is, but he/she certainly did an amusing take on the one genre I totally have no patience with: romance novels. Check out the hilarious book covers!

  • And I really really really like this warning label for the Bible. Of course, if someone did an equivalent for the Koran, some people will be up in arms or something, right? The same ID-10-T's who lost all rational thought when those cartoons got publicised, perhaps? Hah.


Anyways... Have fun, & hope u like the links :)

cheers.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! LOL! I love that warning label on the bible and Funny romance novel covers.... really made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne,

    I agree with you. If the same is done on the quran, I am sure there will be big trouble. Largely, it is due to the over-sensitivities of groups of fundamentalist and largely of the insecurity of the Islamic movement since the suppression of Afghanistan and the Saddam saga, plus the threat on Iran by the US. It is about USA vs the Islamic world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bands - i also see:

    alice in chains, the eagles, nine inch nails, rolling stones, 50 cent, the gorillaz, the pixies (?), U2, cake, queen, whitesnake, white zombie, phish, blondie, the cars, garbage, red hot chili peppers, blind melon (lol!), ratt, B-52s (?), eminem(s) (i think!) ...

    i might be topped-out with those. let's call that about 10 minutes worth. (kosh-time, so who knows how long i really took!!).

    enjoyed the romance covers too - "mullet" was too much!

    love ya beb - thanks for keeping me going,
    - kosh

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry - gotta add more - followed the link back to the page with a "higher res" picture:

    the scorpions, dinosaur jr., crannberries (i think), the beach boys (surfboards), prince (? & revolution?), the police, iron maiden (lol!), men at work (rooftop), pink (bubblegum?), korn, deep purple (THAT took me a while!), hole (jeez!), radiohead (that took a while too!).

    count me in for another 30 min. ugh! at least my test is done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SG> heheehee just the reactions I was looking for :-)

    Maverick> kinda "funny": the US was actually *not* jumping up and down defending the "freedom of speech" of the Danes. Then again, it didn't matter: the protesters very quickly changed their tune from anti-Danish to anti-West to anti-US. *sigh* make up your mind, people! :p

    Kosh> you're a freak, beb :-) I *knew* you would get sucked into identifying the bands if you came across the photo. And yeah, glad you discovered this AFTER your exam, LOL! *smooch!*

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...