Thursday, April 06, 2006

Joke of the Day: Last Rites (& HTML testing)

I thought this was SUCH a laff riot, had to share :D

Last Rites


A Catholic man is struck by a bus on a busy street. He is lying near death on the sidewalk as a crowd gathers.

"A priest. Somebody get me a priest!" the man gasps. Minutes drag on and no one steps out of the crowd.

A policeman checks the crowd and finally yells, "A PRIEST, PLEASE! Isn't there a priest in this crowd to give this man his last rites?"

Finally, out of the crowd steps a little old Jewish man of at least 80 years of age.

"Mr. Policeman," says the man, "I'm not a priest. I'm not even a Christian. But for 50 years now I'm living behind the Catholic Church on First Avenue, and every night I'm overhearing their services. I can recall a lot of it, and maybe I can be of some comfort to this poor man."

The policeman agrees, and clears the crowd so the man can get through to where the injured man lay.

The old Jewish man kneels down, leans over the man and says in a solemn voice:

"B-4 I-19 N-38 G-54 O-72"


Waahaahhhhahahahahahaaaaaa!

(and yes, I'm experimenting with the little bit of HTML i know / got from Kosh / from Blogger Help to tweak stuff in preparation for next week :-) )

Good resource for color-experimentation: Web Color Reference

Originally (read: FIRST) posted a bit after 12 noon. Now = 1:15pm. Bleh. This'll do for now :p

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne! Thanks for the comment on my site! I can't wait to read your "lost blogs" either... I am getting a bit nervous about mine though! I want to write it all in advance so it makes some coherent sense.

    I love this joke :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while before I got the joke: BINGO!!! LOL!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...