Friday, April 07, 2006

oh bloody hell

I am so pissed off.

Okay, so recently my phone flipped me off.

I whined about it, saying RM50 would be too much to replace it.

Then I was quoted RM46. It was like a challenge for me to put my money where my mouth was. So I got the flip replaced.

So, everything was all fine and dandy again, right?

*WAS* being the key word.

I am so pissed off.

Because now. Just right now. For no apparent reason. It's. Not. Charging.
    It's not an issue of the electricity/power point.

    Dunno if it's the charger itself.

    Or the phone.

    Or the battery? that is doubtful.

Oh bloody hell.

Just getting the problem identified is going to cost $$$.

I am so pissed off.

The phone seems to be falling apart.. I suppose 2.5 years is the limit of its durability or something?

I know phones nowadays aren't made to last since they are more like fashion accessories than functional devices.

I am so pissed off.

I'd have thought the less fashionable / more geeky phones would last longer. Or is 2.5 years already "good"?

Or is it just because it knows I'm not going to be holding on to it much longer that it makes trouble for me?

How much more $$ is going to be sunk into this friggin device that I want to get rid of in a few months??

I am so pissed off.

Can you tell?

5 comments:

  1. So did you fix the phone originally? Two and a half years is a long time with a mobile.

    Besides you can exchange them now to get money off...but that is here in the UK, don't know about anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My phone has a life/mind of its own. It shuts off when it wants to because it claims it is out of battery, then turns on and lo and behold, has battery life! They are freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh, I have problems with mine, too. I think it's the charging cable itself. When I jiggle it, the charging indicator comes on.

    I see we're both doing the Lost Blogs thing next week. I look forward to your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ML> yeah, got the flip replaced for RM46; then today got a new charger for RM30... that's RM76 spent on a phone that I want to sell off in a few months. *sigh!* btw yeah, what we call "trade-ins" are possible, but I'm looking at *gasp!* cutting myself off from mobile phones for as long as possible :-D

    jacynth> hi, thanx for stopping by :-) yeah, once the battery starts thinking for itself, it makes some weird choices :p glad that (so far!( my battery's been pretty good, apart from a slowly diminishing talktime capacity... but for something that's 2.5 years old i think that's pretty good :-)

    karl> No amount of jiggling could induce any charging on my phone... i wonder what happened... this is the first time ever a charger has kaputted on me... glad it *only* cos me RM30 for a new charger (and not some obscene amount to fix the phone itself!). And thanx, all the best to you too for the Lost Blog thingy :-) it's gonna be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm.. I guess it depends on how you use the phone. My husband has a mobile phone that can still be use and it's almost 6 years old now. That phone is now his back up phone! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...