Monday, April 10, 2006

Random thoughts between LOST BLOGging activities

So, the Lost Blogging has started ... this is going to be a lot of fun! I've already dropped by a few of the participants' entries, and am pretty much stumped as to who they are writing as, but hey, I don't think focussing on guessing is the "point" of the whole thing ... i'm really amazed at the different styles and approaches I've already seen : and that's only after seeing fewer than 10 of the (40+?) participants!

Other stuff:

You know of M. C. Escher and his mind-bending illusions, right? Well, it seems some folks tried (quite well!) to make his creations into 3-D reality. More HERE. It's a feast for your eyes!

Having been brought up in an ex-British colony, but having studied in the U.S., plus being bombarded with lots of U.S. movies & tv shows, lots of us tend to sometimes get mixed up between U.S. vs "British" English. That's not really a big deal, I guess... but how about when some words/phrases in one "language" mean something totally opposite, or worse, be totally offensive, in the other? Like fanny, for example. Or curious about the bollocks that peppered the conversations in V for Vendetta? Go to the English-to-American Dictionary to find out what words kinda change in meaning, depending which side of the Atlantic Pond you stand.

Wikipedia's been a great & convenient reference. Stumbled across a spoof of it recently: the Uncyclopedia! I'm amused :-) Here's the entry on Malaysia, which contains gems like "Another common state that Malaysians have is denial (aka. no lah, where got?), which incidentally, is a river in Egypt". H/T: Hill Billy Talk Big.

Okay - my 1150pm now .. tomorrow's the Prophet Muhammad's Birthday, so it's a holiday... not that that impacts me much, what with me being the jobless bum and all, haaahahahaaaa :-) may be meeting up with Rail, but nothing solid/confirmed, kinda going with the flow. May wanna just hunker down at a Beanie and read all the Lost Blogs that are going to be posted while I sleep :D

cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I used to have a poster of one of Escher's work in my bedroom. There were times when I would just lose myself by just staring at the poster, hahaha. :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...