Friday, April 14, 2006

Guess Who #3d


lostblogsbadge_2This is part of the Grassroots Blogger Book Marketing Campaign. Thanks for reading & leaving your comments/guesses! And please don't forget to visit the other Lost Bloggers out there (see sidebar)!




I was right, you were wrong


9th December 1942, 3:45pm:

So I was at my desk, awaiting my executioner, or whatever it is that Allah had decreed to happen.

Then guess who called, all scared and frightened?
“The Japanese are raiding Penang! As soon as the air raid is over I will leave and join you. I shall telephone now to the Police Officers to cancel my previous order. I and my family will require accommodation tonight.”

Sure, Mr Regent, brother dearest, your wish is my command.

I'm not gloating. Being proven right does nothing except taste like ashes. My heart goes out to the innocents in Penang. How many lives are going to be lost in this attack?

Even if I am just his seventh son and twentieth child, even if I haven't seen much of him since I came back from England oh so many years ago, he is still my father, and the Ruler of his people. I am thankful he has been spared both the stress of the unnecessary travelling *and* the exposure to the bombing of Penang.

I’m glad I trusted the dream.




misclostblogsWanna know what this is all about? Visit:
Visit the other Lost Bloggers too!

1 comment:

  1. I know Google or Wikipedia would tell me this. You've laid it down so well but I don't want to "cheat." Hrm...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...