Monday, April 10, 2006

Guess Who #2a


lostblogsbadge_2This is part of the Grassroots Blogger Book Marketing Campaign. Thanks for reading & leaving your comments/guesses! And please don't forget to visit the other Lost Bloggers out there (see sidebar)!



Swampy Boonies


It's been a few years since my last post - glad this blogger thing doesn't expire after months of not logging on. Did you know, I totally lost so many emails in my hotmail account because I'd neglected to login regularly? Oh well... I *did* have other things on my mind - studies, of course. Dancing. Trips to Brighton. Just plain having fun. I seem to have earned a reputation of being quite the playboy - I don't understand, I'm just doing what everyone else does over here!

Glad I had fun when I did.... especially now that I'm stuck in the boonies!

My brother the Regent wasn't too happy that I didn't get the Law degree he'd told me to get. Neither did he appreciate my reasons why I elected to do a more general degree involving two years of Law and the final year of History. So in his books, I'm a disgrace. That's probably why I've been assigned to this post out in the boonies.

Don't get me wrong, I like it here. So does the wife (oh yes, I'm married! Quite soon after I got back to Malaya, actually).

I just have this concern about the swamps surrounding this town. That's a huge mosquito breeding ground! I've applied for funds from the State Government to drain them - it's going to cost quite a bundle, but I trust the State Secretariat can see beyond the immediate cost to the long-term benefits of eradicating mosquitoes, and therefore the carriers of diseases such as malaria and dengue!

Hopefully, in a few months' time I'll have an entry moaning about getting all sunburnt while supervising the drainage works :-)

(*lynne*'s note: This was written in the early 1930's)




misclostblogsWanna know what this is all about? Visit:


Visit the other Lost Bloggers too!

4 comments:

  1. Hey I sent you an email back in 1922...You really do need to be more diligent in your correspondence. I still dont have a guess yet. Like your approach though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you gave me a date. But still clueless. After the first post I thought maybe a woman then I thought not a woman but perhaps early 1800s. See how wrong I was! But still no clue!
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel better about having no clue since I seem to be in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see that I am not the only one without a clue..

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...