Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What, me? Normal?


Guess Who #2b will be up later my tonight, or if I’m lazy, my tomorrow morning. Check out #1 and #2a if you're a special kind of clueless and don’t know what I’m talking about. *grin!*


Yes, this is another “normal” (haahahaaa me? normal?) post.

Now listening to: Gene Pitney (he’s recently dead, btw)

Some stuff to share:

Language Skills
    An ex-colleague shared with me that the place where she works, the HR dept seemed to be desperately trying to be seen to be doing *something*, *anything* - a case of working hard but not smart? Anyways, so they (HR) are sending just about everyone to some sort of English Assessment test.

    I suppose that in order to “save face” for those whose English is atrocious, they (HR) get *everyone* to go through this test. Conducted by the British Council. I bet it’s not cheap!

    And people like my ex-colleague who leaked this story to me, they took 15 mins max to complete the written part. Time allocated = 1 hr. Sample question: “Where can you view this signboard : “MH123 to London is delayed”? a) at a school; b) at a hospital; c) at an airport. OMG that is just *so* tough, not!

    And it seems that a long time ago people had signed-up indicating interest in taking up classes in mandarin – VERY useful for the sales people, no? Well, no word about anything. Then they come up and do this instead. I think the $$ would have been better spent providing for mandarin classes for those who need AND expressed interest it learning it.

    But hey, I’m not in HR. Nor in management. Hey, I’m not in the company anymore anyway! Am I glad? HELL YEAH!

On-air ID-10-T
    It seems that one of the radio morning shows had an unforeseen drama unfold when this guy was the successful caller through who then proceeded to dedicate a bouquet of flowers to this girl. His wife was listening, and recognized him. And his dedication was NOT to her. Immediate conclusions were jumped to, and it seems the radio DJs were aghast that they may have inadvertently caused the breakup of a couple, so were trying to talk the wife into NOT kicking the hubby out.

    So many things blow my mind about this:
  • The hubby: if he really was having an affair with this other woman, I’m sorry, but a public dedication to her, on a radio channel that your wife listens to? Really thinking with your dick and not your other head, eh?
  • The wife: she jumps to the “affair” conclusion, calls up the radio, and screams bloody murder, saying she’s been humiliated on national radio. Maybe there’s more history than we know lah. But just *maybe* there’s a reasonable explanation for this? And really, calling up the radio and hanging out the laundry for all to hear … yikes, I don’t think I would have done that…
  • The DJs: it’s not your fault that the caller was an idiot. I don’t think it’s up to you to try and “reconcile” the hubby/wife, especially not on-air!

  • No idea how this all turned out. Do I care? Not really :p

On-air eggs
    Speaking about on-air humiliation: dunno if this is an urban legend or for real… again on the morning show, they were having this “guess what it is” segment. The answer was salt or pepper, I don’t remember.

    So this lady calls up and tries to guess, gets it wrong, the DJs provide a helpful hint: maybe your husband sprinkles it on his eggs every morning?

    So she goes “Oh, I know!! Talcum powder!!”


Heeheheheeehehe!

Was there a point to all this? Well, the first 2 tales existed in my phone, in the form of lots of sms’es. Now that I’ve committed them to the blogged word, those messages can now be deleted off of my phone, yahoooo! :D

Have a good weekend, y’all!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I like the bit about the 'talcum powder'. And yeah, it was really stupid of the guy to do what he did ON THE AIR for his paramour. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...