Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Phone and PC troubles

Ugh... now I can't seem to copy/paste my phone pix from the phone to the PC. Worked fine a week ago!!?? Wonder what's going on, and how on earth to fix it... how else am I gonna be able get pix up here on the blog??? grrrrrrrrrr!!!

Oh - and I *knew* this PC wasn't doing too well... tried to run SpyBot a while ago but "couldn't"... finally remembered to d/l it the other day... and today, after having problems with the phone/pix thing, I figured I might was well reinstall SpyBot and let it have a go at this PC.

Wanna guess how many problems were identified?

TWO HUNDRED AND THREE


Aiyah, mother, have I taught you nothing?

Okay, so she doesn't surf much, perhaps these insiduous things were picked up within the 2 months (omg has it been that long???? gaarrrhhhh!!) that I've been back? Err... I don't think so. After all, she said another anti-virus/firewall thing suddenly stopped working one day, and she had a friend email her a new program which she installed, which runs now. To her, problem solved. To me, I wonder whether Spybot also stopped being able to work at that same time. Hmmm...

Anyways: so after two scans & "fix problems" later (the first said it took care of 201 of the 203 and recommended having SpyBot commence at the next start-up of the PC; this second scan then found and fixed 45 items. The math doesn't add up?), this PC is clean. supposedly.

I had also d/l another malware destroyer program.

Thinking of installing that to run and double-check SpyBot's effectiveness.

So... then, hoping that perhaps that had fixed the phone/pix/PC problem, I, ever the optimist, re-tried my phone/PC connection: still the same. I can see the phone files on the Windows Explorer. But. can't. copy/paste. the friggin pix. into the PC.

*sigh*

My only other option now is to IR the pix to the laptop.

Bluetooth would be slightly easier... but to my surprise the laptop doesn't seem to be equipped with that. My brother and I are puzzled: we both thought it had it. Another mystery to unravel...

Bleah. Sometimes, I wish we didn't have all this technology.

1 comment:

  1. I have ad-aware as well as spybot. I run both at leat once every week and everyweek there is always something bad. That's the web - the good, the bad and the ugly.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...