Tuesday, June 27, 2006

... then why have a TV?

I am puzzled.

I noticed that every Coffee Bean outlet I've been to recently has had a TV installed: obviously temporary in nature. I assumed it was for customers to be able to watch the World Cup.

But I was at a Beanie tonight, and the TV wasn't on.

And it was (still is) one of the matches I figured everyone would want to watch: Brazil vs Ghana. Brazil. Isn't that one of the fave teams?

But ... the TV stayed in its corner, dark and silent.

If you're not going to put the game on, why bother having the TV, y'all?

And really - WHY bother with the TV when the earliest game is at 11pm local Malaysian time (okay so previously they started at 10pm) and you SWITCH OFF THE LIGHTS at 1145pm?

No, I'm not bitter that I had to pack up the laptop in the dark.

I just think that giving your customers a bit of warning, like, oh, maybe flicking the lights off and back on 5 minutes before you switch them off for real *might* help people like me not get pissed off at ya. Just so you know. For next time.

Anyways. On MY part, I'll try to make sure I'm all packed up TWENTY minutes before you "officially" close next time, ya? I'll assume it's 12mn on weekdays and 1am on weekends. Might also help to post your business hours SOMEwhere! Sheeeeesh!

***

anyways... i *was* slightly productive while taking advantage of the fast laptop (especially compared to the crummy PC!) and great broadband connection: so those StMarians out there: go check out the June 11th pesudo reunion photos in my Yahoo!Photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...