Thursday, June 22, 2006

messages of greetings

A scene from many many years ago:
    A phone call:

    A: Hi! What's going on?

    Me: Hi... what do you mean what's going on?

    A: You sounded like you're in trouble or something?

    Me: Huh?

    A: Your voice message! Are you all right?

    Me: (MAJOR lightbulb!) Aiyah, you've never head that message before ah? Joke only mah!

The voice message in question?
Hi! I'm not answering calls right now because I'm trying to avoid someone... so please just leave me a message and I'll get back to you. And if I don't, well, maybe YOU'RE the one I'm avoiding! Haaahaha!
(Or something to that effect lah)

I'm still amused when I think about it: can't believe someone actually took that message seriously! I suppose she never got that e-mail listing humourous answering machine messages that circulates in cyberspace every few years or so... :p

Anyways... then... my most recent voice recording has garnered a lot of reactions, some of which are as below:

B: errr, i think you should change your voice message, it's very confusing
C: haahahaa!! cute!
D: Heeheh heehehe you really got me there!
E: what lah you! I kept talking and talking and then only realised it was a recording, what lah you!

The message this time around?
Hello? [pause] Hello? [pause] Helllooooooo??? [pause] Oh! Heehehe! You've reached the voice message. I'm probably not answering the phone because it's on silent mode. You can try again later, or even better, just sms or email me instead. Bye!
For B & E and others who felt like they were made fun of by this message, you can sigh in relief, I've changed it. It's pretty tame now.

When I think of another whacky one, I'll rerecord it.

In the meantime, enjoy not being confused, y'all.

While I ponder upon why my sense of humor just doesn't seem to fit with most people here.

p/s: I'm not bowing to pressure from friends, rest assured! I changed the message today because I'm expecting the PC repairperson to call today or tomorrow, and I'd rather not confuse/piss him off: you never know, that may translate into hidden charges maaaaah! :p paranoid much? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...