Seeing as I've been ... seeing ... lots of movies recently, this meme on a blog I stumbled across recently caught my eye...
The questions usually ask for ONE movie answers, but me being me, if I feel the urge to yap more, then I'll yap more :-)
- Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
Yikes, good question! I can name many I've seen more than 5 times, but, more than 10??? I'm gonna guess ... Galaxy Quest : saw it like three times on the plane where I first discovered it, then bought the VCD and watched it a few times, then caught it on TBS a gazillion times. Other possibilities include Rocky Horror Picture Show, Star Wars: A New Hope, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.
Multiple viewings in the theater are not a luxury I indulged in. But I'm pretty sure the first time I saw a movie more than once in the theater was Dances With Wolves. Totally loved it the first time through (bought the soundtrack!), but unfortunately my second time was too soon after the first, and it was all I could do to keep my eyes open through it! I've not bothered to re-watch it ever since, LoL!
- Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Alyson Hannigan [but Date Movie was horrendous!!]
- Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
Jon Heder [I'm sorry, but Napoleon Dynamite was *so* painful to sit through! "Gosh!"]
- Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
[I'll get back to you on this - gotta ask Kosh, cos he's on the receiving end and would know better, LoL!] [UPDATE: we've come to the conclusion that I/we quote from tv shows more than movies. Buffy [esp the musical!]. South Park. Animaniacs. Movies, not so much]
- Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
The Sound of Music, The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
The Nightmare Before Christmas (see Item #4 here).
- Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Most recently, it would certainly be Little Miss Sunshine.
- Name a movie that you own.
... by this time, there are so many! But my first ever movie I remember owning, on VHS, stored lovingly in my room? Spaceballs! "Comb the Desert!" "Those are the Stunt Doubles!" "She's gone from Suck to Blow!" Waahahahahaaaaaaaa!
- Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Eh? How about the other way around: Patrick Swayze: okay as an actor, but did you know he started out as a dancer until he screwed up his knee then he opted for acting? and you gotta admit his She's Like The Wind was a nice song: sure, it's a simple and easy song to sing, but he did good!
- Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
I think I've been to one in Oklahoma, and one in Arkansas. No idea which movies though!
- Ever made out in a movie?
I don't think so. I go to the movies to see the movie, dammit!
- Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
Duh, that's what Netflix is for :-)
- Ever walked out of a movie?
... but the only movie with the dubious honor of having gotten me to fall asleep in the theatre [and two other times when trying to watch at home on VCD / DVD]? Unbreakable. Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn!
- Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
I hate movies that use typical cry-inducing formulae, and hate it more when I succumb to their cheap tricks: can you believe I cried at the end of Daylight? Wait, can you believe I actually *watched* Daylight? 'Twas my partner-at-that-time's choice, not mine!
- What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Musta been back in Malaysia, probably was Underworld: Evolution with Rail.
- What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Difficult to pinpoint: I enjoy most genres; I'm a fan of originality, quirkiness but I appreciate well-played action. What I DON'T like are movies full of formulaic drivel, "comedies" that cater to the lowest common denominator, or movies that are just so full of themselves.
- What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
It might have been Disney's The Fox and the Hound: I remember going with our neighbours from down the street, their treat. I *wish* I could say I remembered watching Star Wars: A New Hope, but I don't :-(
- What movie do you wish you had never seen?
Most recently, I would have to say Superman Returns. Even Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor couldn't save it.
- What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
I'm sure there've been many, if only I could remember.... But I gotta say, The Butterfly Effect totally blew my mind with its funky timeline thing. I then went on to see Memento, and more recently Donnie Darko, all with screwy timelines too.
- What is the scariest movie you've seen?
I'm more about the implied / off-screen / psychological thriller than the typical in-your-face horror / slasher / gory genre one usually gets scared by. But I got suckered into watching House of 1000 Corpses - that is one sick twisted and disturbing movie that you. just. can't. tear. yourself. away. from! It, and its sequel, are on my Netflix queue. Why??? Why do I do this to myself?? Aaaarrggghhhhh!!
- What is the funniest movie you've seen?
I've already mentioned Little Miss Sunshine, Spaceballs and Galaxy Quest. So I'll put forth Shawn of the Dead and Kung Fu Hustle for your consideration.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ so... who do I tag??? Eh, whoever thinks this'll be fun, consider yourselves tagged, k? Leave me a link in the comments if you do run with it :-)