Sunday, June 17, 2007

Recent Entertainment

TV+Movies:
Who is Cletis Tout?
Recommended by Netflix, and, surprisingly, very enjoyable! Kosh and I burst out laughing at so many things; we both appreciate choppy/screwy timelines and interruptions in the narrative flow - and this has loads of both - which added to the enjoyment. Just go watch it :-)

Nanny McPhee
Mary Poppins meets The Sound of Music, with a soundtrack that reminded me for some reason of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Another thoroughly enjoyable movie, with only the CGI donkey that really marred the tale.

[added June 18th: had slipped my mind earlier]
Next Stop, Wonderland
A romantic comedy that's not sappy or oozing with sugar coating, starring no names I recognize, and very endearing. The scene between mother & daughter, each with her own take on reality was breathtaking. Lots of humor - understated. Go. Watch.
[/end add]

The 4400 - new season starts tonight on usa: I *so* can't wait! I'm pro-promicin myself - how about you?

Robot Chicken's 30min Star Wars special is on tonight too! Don't miss it on [adult swim]!

Books:
In a spurt of Dune/Arrakis/Rakis-related reading, I've made my way through the last three of the original series by Frank Herbert. Wow. There's so much depth to the books, even as I could barely wade past so many places where Herbert seemed to be mired in words words words words words words and words: there were so many pearls of wisdom, so many lessons to be learnt, if only one could just. get. beyond. the. friggin. words. Worthy of a reread, in about 5 years or so ;-)

next books in line to be read: the first two books in Anne Bishop's Ephemera series. Sebastian & Belladonna. I was intrigued by the premise of different "landscapes", worlds of both Light and Dark, connected by Bridges, "created" by Landscapers, but travelers needed to "... travel lightly: because what you bring with you becomes part of the landscape."

Blog Updates:
so I've played around with the sidebar a bit more... hidden most of everything within those collapsible bars [now a better shade of green]. Still need to study the coding to finetune [i.e. CLEAN UP!] the inconsistencies in font type and size... grrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...