Tuesday, June 26, 2007

ridiculous!

Okay, maybe it's a sore spot with me because I know *I* "suffered" from having a long name: when filling out a form I'd always have to count the number of squares provided in order to determine if I could fill in my full name without any abbreviations, or whether I'd need to shorten it, and *which* of the five [or 6, depending] words in my name would be the most appropriate to condense.

So... I can only imagine what the newborn Autumn Sullivan Corbett Fitzsimmons Jeffries Hart Burns Johnson Willard Dempsey Tunney Schmeling Sharkey Carnera Baer Braddock Louis Charles Walcott Marciano Patterson Johansson Liston Clay Frazier Foreman Brown is going to go through. ["full" Yahoo!News article here] You know what pisses me off even more? It's implied that the mother also has a similarly ridiculous name ["in keeping with her boxing-mad family's bizarre tradition" "I'm hoping Autumn has a good sense of humor with her name. It's never done me any harm though."], but it's never provided, even though that is the justification used to subject someone to a name of 185 letters!

It's totally different when it comes to Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim, though, eh? [sorry, inside joke!]

3 comments:

  1. Jeez, that is a looooong name! I don't see the point with it at all. Who is gonna call her by all them anyways? I am glad I have a short kind of name, especially after reading this. *lol*

    Them British eh!? Hehe... Kidding.

    Eilen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! SASAHA <-those are your initials, right?? I'm going to be in a nursing home in my 90's muttering your name and my kids/grandkids are going to wonder WHAT THE HELL IT MEANS!! Ah, yes, good ol' PATBVH...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehhe....panjangnya nama:D

    btw, helo....just drop by.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...