Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday This n That

  1. Random Technobabble Generator: generate fun stuff like "Proffessor [sic], the power supply of the prototype bioneural gelpack has been modulated."

  2. ... page after page of knuckle tattoos: kinda cool how someone's attitude can get condensed into eight letters. Look for the DAMN FOOL one - I dig it! btw, you can create your own with the Knuckle Tattoo Gun too, I unfortunately ran out of creative juices, but would love to see what you come up with!

  3. anyone wanna go on a 12 week, multi-continent backpacking journey? From London to Sydney? Then look to Ozbus to get you there. Sounds incredible... and the scaredy-cat that I am would only do it is I knew a whole bunch of people who were going at the same time :p

  4. yet another free online book resource: ReadPrint. Not for downloads, you just read off of the screen, if you're okay with that. Right now seems to be concentrating on "classics". There's William Blake, maybe I'll actually read something of his then :p I looked for Kafka but he wasn't there, bummer.


And a small description of yesterday's noteworthy event:
    So yesterday Kosh and I were in the mood for breakfast food, made our way to IHOP but wow we couldn't even find a parking space, maybe it was the rainy weather that drove everyone out for comfort food? I was willing to settle for a crappy burger from a fast food place, but Kosh was kinda longing for pancakes and/or eggs since I'd gotten him in the mood for 'em, so we drove around elsewhere, soooo hungryyyyyy, came across Pindos (?) at Archer & Pulaski, a family dining place with a twist of Greek. We took the last real parking space, but there were still plenty of free tables, cool! Apart from the din of the busboys pushing carts of rattling glasses and dirty dishes along the tiled floor, it was a pleasant experience. Nothing outstanding service-wise, although it was amusing the waitress, an older woman with a rather loud raspy voice, kept calling me "Babe". But the food! MmmmMmmmMMMMmmm!! I had Palestinian Crepes, the crepes themselves with a strong lemon taste, wrapped around generous amounts of sour cream topped with their "crepe sauce". Kosh had a spinach & feta cheese omelet and wow you actually tasted both ingredients, it wasn't bland [unlike most omelets ordered from any other breakfast-type place], the hashbrowns were mega crispy, parts that weren't crispy just melted in your mouth, and it came with a side of two pancakes. The portions were just right, and prices reasonable. We might go back there instead of IHOP the next time we feel like breakfast food!


Currently reading: Lisey's Story, by Stephen King.

2 comments:

  1. Love the knuckle tattoo site. I'm gonna have to come up with a clever one so I can use the picture on a post.

    Of course it would be easier if were actually clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean... i racked and racked and racked my brain and finally decided to just point readers there because i really couldn't come up with anything myself :p hope you get *some* sort of inspiration! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...