Monday, June 25, 2007

Tea Tale

So a while ago, Kosh and I picked up a bottle of AriZona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey. Me being me, I took a look at the ingredients, idly curious where Green Tea, Ginseng and Honey would appear in the list. Little did I know it would provide for some blog fodder :p

Ingredients:
1. Premium brewed green tea using filtered water [okay, good would be worrying if this *wasn't* #1, Lol!]
2. High fructose corn syrup [eh?]
3. Honey [wtf? why bother with the honey if you drown it in HFCS!!??]
4. Citric Acid
5. Natural Flavors
6. Ginseng extract [#6 out of 7? how much per bottle, a drop?]
7. Ascorbic Acid.

Since the drink is labeled "Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey", one would expect ginseng to appear before honey in the list of ingredients - WRONG!!

Then there was this little blurb:
Enjoy America's best-selling
ready-to-drink green tea!
AriZona Green Tea... Where great
taste and goodness
"naturally" come together.
Green tea for its health benefits,
Ginseng for energy and nature's
natural sweetener, honey.


Ummmmm,,, reading this, and not checking the ingredients, one would have easily had the impression that this drink is sweetened ONLY by honey - also WRONG!!

I rarely buy this stuff. The last time was Nestea, in Sept 2005, and then too I read and critiqued the labeling. I suppose I'll be due for another go in March 2009? Till then, I'll stick to my poison of choice: Coke Zero.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like it is difficult to find anything "natural" unless you make it yourself@

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...