Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Why 127? Dunno!

... so it turns out this dude Idham decided to propagate a meme with a difference: for every response to the meme by early August 2007, he donates RM127 on the blogger's behalf to his chosen charity: the Darul Izzah Orphanage, Bangi, Malaysia. He'll hand over the dough on August 11th, 2007. So far, I count 64 entries logged on his post although he's got 87 comments, so probably he's close to 90 now. Dude, that's a very generous amount of dough there, biar betul?

Well, I figure, if this is a sincere intention, then by all means let me invest a little time to play with this... and if it's not for real, oh well, the only harm is I subject y'all to a meme, and that's usually not too too bad, right? Right?

The Rules:
  • The meme is about completing at least seventeen out of the twenty seven sentences provided
  • If you are tagged, you need to write an entry related to the meme.
  • At the end of your entry, tag as many people as you like. You will then leave a comment in their blog to let them know they have been tagged. Please include this message: "By doing this meme you are contributing RM127 to the Darul Izzah Orphanage".
  • Then, please leave a comment in here - so that Idham can keep count.


The meme:
  1. A person is only as good as: his/her own true self
  2. Friendship is always to be treasured
  3. To love is to be vulnerable
  4. Money makes me uncomfortable
  5. I miss nasi lemak with sambal ikan bilis
  6. My way of saying I care is by not getting in your face
  7. I try to spread love and happiness by not getting into people's faces
  8. Pick the flowers when they are ripe?
  9. To love someone is to take them warts and all
  10. Beauty is skin deep
  11. When I was thirteen, what I remember the most was wanting to be a junior prefect SO badly...
  12. When I was twenty one, I remember waking up on the floor of my friends' dormroom...
  13. I am most happy when I can be myself
  14. Nothing makes me happier than helping people expand their horizons
  15. If I can change one thing, I will change nothing!
  16. If smiles were money then I would be filthy rich by the time I was 20!
  17. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just get along...
  18. If you want to be successful then you have to work at it
  19. Money is not everything but it is an unfortunate necessity
  20. The most touching moment I have experienced is [heh... I'll skip this one... blank! ... sad, eh?]
  21. I smile when I hear a joke?
  22. When I am happy, I smile? Gawd, who came up with these questions?
  23. If only I don't have to [nothing!], then [N/A]
  24. The best thing I did yesterday was snuggle with hubby
  25. If I ever write a book, I will give it this title,"On the outside looking in"
  26. One thing I must do before I die is write a book?
  27. Doing this meme, I feel like an exasperated meme participant
The Tag:
Haaahaha I ever so rarely tag anyone. Anyone who wants to participate, go ahead, by all means! I do hope the race/religion of the charity recipients doesn't matter to potential meme participants, just as the race/religion of participants is not [or isn't overly, anyway] an issue with the meme originator.

Cheers!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...