Sunday, May 01, 2005

… and the (IRB/LHDN) saga continues …

Today’s headlines grabbed my attention: “Quick refunds” screamed the Sunday Star, with its subheadline “IRB: Money back in a month for taxpayers.”

How many of you thought “Whoohooo, I’ll get my refund by early June!”? Take a closer read: did you see that “… it will reimburse those with refunds due to them within one month of request?

Wait wait wait… request?? You mean submitting the form & calculations that already state the amount due, and providing the bank account number in the bl**dy form.. all that not enough one ah? Got to go to the bl**dy tax office and “request” somemore ah?

Oh my godddddddddddddddddddddd!

If they demand that whatever $$ due is to be paid as the form is submitted, why can they not reciprocate by immediately processing the forms with refunds due the same way and refund accordingly?????

Why bother with putting a checkmark on the back of the envelope saying “refund due” if it does not get processed any differently?

In fact, why even bother giving them our bank account information if we have to go make a request for the refund, which I am SURE will involve filling up a form providing the account information again? btw: *NOW* they say refunds can be either by direct debit or by cheque: previously it seemed that they would only refund via direct debit hence them asking for our bank account information. Did they change their minds??

I find this sooooooo frustrating... I consider this as yet another example of something being implemented, but not all the way.

I guess I should not be surprised...

Oh well, since I wanted to go visit the Kelana Jaya office to try to solve the mystery of how that second account got established in the first place, I suppose I’ll do it sooner rather than later so I can “request for the refund” at the same time.

Pity all those who have to make a trip to the office *just* to make the request.

“Malaysia Boleh”?? Yep... as usual :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...