Monday, May 02, 2005

An Arachnid Alone?

The cards scuttle across the screen
As a spider might scuttle across the room
Yet which eight-legged creature would ask this of you:
Easy medium or difficult?
One two or four suits?

Come into my parlour, said the spider to the fly
I am no fly yet visit the parlour daily, do I;
Clicking away on the mouse, glued to the seat
Completing so many games until I am beat.

My wrist aches, my hand goes numb
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, here I come

While a spider spins its web to catch its food
I too have been ensnared, and in a way consumed
Not by the spider, but my own addiction
To play and play and play again

The sound of the cards being dealt and laid out onscreen
The owl-like hoot signifying no other moves available
The “ta-daah” sound when showing available moves
The satisfying shuffle of a complete set being moved to the bottom left of the screen

How easy it is to get caught in your tangled web
One suit was too easy, and quickly mastered
Two suits is where I usually stay, for
Four suits usually has me stumped no matter how long I play

Sometimes I solve it in one shot;
Sometimes it takes numerous tries
Rarely, so rarely, I move on because
Solve it I could not

Yet today...
Something moved me to up the difficulty


“Stick with it, today is your day,” said the tiny voice


It took a few tries on a few different games


Then: my first four-suit win! Time to rejoice!


When it was clear I was getting there; and again at the end


Captured the moments, took pix of the screen



Congratulations by all means my way do send, for


Whether this feat is repeatable remains to be seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...