Wednesday, July 20, 2005

did it in 6 hours?!

oh my.... i have such mixed feelings... I was determined not to devour HP6, but, well, devour it I did... or finished it, lah (devour makes it seem too... positive...) ... by 5pm yesterday I was done.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6)I am not as impressed with this as I was with Phoenix (HP5): yet another death occurs, plus a major betrayal (or was it?)...

On a positive(?) note, some characters finally hook up, and I anticipate that the love (gag, puke) they have for each other will be vital in the battle against Voldemort; after all, how many times have we read about Voldemort pooh-poohing, or refusing to acknowledge the power of, love?

And yes, we do find out who the Half-Blood Prince is: not someone immediately obvious, and for that I suppose I can tip my hat to Rowling. Just dunno how relevant that was to the overall story, y'know?

Amusing for me was, since I'd (re-)watched all three HP movies recently, while reading I was picturing the scenes from the book, with the relevant actors running around doing their stuff. Mush easier that way, rather than having fuzzy and vague figures when reading a Wheel of Time book, for instance :p

Aaaanyways.... so that's the end of the Harry Poter excitement for the moment... Will certainly be looking out for the movie (hp4) at the end of the year. And book #7.. not sure if there is a target release date yet for that... *sigh*

~~~

Anyways... so... yeah, started another book already... A. J. Jacobs' The Know-It-All: Once Man's Humble Quest to become the Smartest Person in the world. The overarching story is that of the author who undertakes to read the Encyclopaedia Britannica from A - Z, and how it impacts his life. It's told with just the right amount of humor & wit to make it a good read so far (I've reached the end of "C", start of "D"). I'd like to think that if I ever were to attempt a book, this would be similar to what I'd write. I'd like to think so lah :p

After this, have the next two Jonathan Kellerman books (Twisted & Rage) to go through.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...