Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

There was a treat for me on the 4th of July: Galaxy Quest was on at least twice on TBS, and I ended up watching it both times :)


I remember stumbling across Galaxy Quest on a plane, maybe enroute to Switzerland, maybe in ’99: I had never heard about it, but boy did it seem funny; after all it was majorly poking fun at the genre inspired by Star Trek. The guy from Home Improvement playing a Shatner-esque character to the extreme. And it had Sigourney Weaver as a BLONDE - I didn’t recognize her! – whose duty was essentially to provide cleavage and to repeat what the computer has to say.

I ended up watching the movie over and over and over, for the trip to Switzerland, and on the return flight too!

I think those who have a healthy liking for the StarTrek genre, but who are not absolute Trekkies (Trekkers?) will really appreciate this movie.

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...