Wednesday, May 14, 2008

recent headlines..

Is it just me, or have the recent headlines been rather... "interesting"?

1. Parents board flight, forget toddler at airport.
You know, I think this might scar the poor kid for life! And a question for the airlines: is the weight restriction different for international vs domestic Canadian flights? It's weird to have to repack overweight luggage that was okayed at the start of the trip, eh? But still - being seated/scattered across the airplane doesn't excuse not checking to make sure everyone was there before gates were closed and the plane not only pulled away, but took off!! Jiminy cricket!!!

2. Australian fined for buckling in beer, not child
"The 30-can beer case was strapped in between two adults sitting in the back seat of the car. The child was also in back, but on the car's floor." Wow, they certainly had their priorities straight!!

3. Woman mistook naked thief for husband
This took place in Malaysia, no less!! A thief notices the man of the house asleep on the couch, and decides to undress and slip into bed with the wife. wtf? I suppose this is a lesson to kiss and make up before going to bed, eh?

... and we'll keep it at three ...

2 comments:

  1. I read about 2 and 3 yesterday. How do you decide what's more important...the kid or the beer? Coin toss? Cost of beer?

    And forgetting your kid and taking off on a plane...just wow. I'm not going to win any Mother Of The Year awards but at least I've never forgotten my kid.

    Poor kid is going to lose it every time he passes an airport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taj> yup, scarred for life, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...