Saturday, April 09, 2005

Can you say “tooting your own horn”?


I absolutely HAD to share the contents of a letter my mom received from obviously very proud parents… Not that I’m going to end up getting hitched to some rich snot, but whenever my time does come I trust my parents will exercise restraint!!

Read on to see what I mean…

(names changed to protect privacy)

Dear (my mom),

With immense pleasure we inform you that our daughter Kamala’s wedding has been fixed with Pierre, son of Mdm Jeanette and Monsieur Marcel Pagnol of St Tropez, France. Monsieur Pagnol has business interests in France and Singapore. His younger brother is involved in the French arm of the business whereas Pierre is involved in the family loyalty card business in Singapore. Jeanette and Monsieur Pagnol divide their time between France and Singapore. Pierre has a younger sister, Isabelle, who is currently working in America. His paternal grandfather is an investment banker in Paris and his maternal uncle is (high ranked officer) of Air France in Cannes.

As you know, Kamala is pursuing a masters degreein neurophysiotherapy in USA. She will complete it by mid 2006. The wedding will be held subsequently in India.

We will inform you as soon as the dates are finalized. Please accept our warm invitation to attend the wedding.

With warm regards
(the mom and dad)


Wow... they must be oh so very proud that their daughter is marrying into money that they are trumpeting it to all their friends! … Can you say “tooting your own horn”?????!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...