Monday, April 04, 2005

SiteMeter, pope&schiavo, prep to return, fish

am experimenting with putting in a counter to track traffic... not that I expect this to be that busy a site, but am thinking of building a baseline so that if ever my "fame" takes off, I'll know... and if nothing else I can start experimenting with such free blog-related services :-)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ugh... MY own visits will of course get tracked too... yahoo, I'm my own first visitor :p
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I don't like where the counter is at the moment (waaaaaaay down at the bottom of the page)... but then again I notice that the page already loads slower now... hmmm.... may experiment with other similar sites... if I feel like it...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

the pope dies, finally....

it was really painful to see the old man in the last year or so... but I suppose the position is one held to death, even if the person is obviously not in good health, can barely talk and walk.... sigh...

I'm glad his time is finally up - get your rest, you've deserved it.

and another person whose time was up - or not - depending on who you believe/listen to/support : Terri Schiavo. Again, the news of her death was actually welcome, just to shut up the media frenzy! I didn't pay too much attention to the whole hoo-hah, but I do acknowledge that the entire situation is neither a pleasant nor easy one... I do however have a problem with so many outsiders poking their noses into a situation that should be limited to the immediate family - the decision to pull a feeding tube/plug off of a comatose/vegetative person is not one made lightly... no need to make it more difficult for the person(s) who need to make the decision....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

and yes... these are my last few hours in Urbana... will be flying out at 3pm, changing flights in Cinncinnati, arriving in Newark around 730pm, and at 10pm flying to KUL via Dubai.

Hunted high and low for my Enrich card... couldn't find it... hmmm.... I *think* I pulled it out of my wallet when I made my booking for the flight back... or did I lose/misplace it much earlier, during my trip to the u.s.?

Either way, I *think* they already have my membership number in the system... I'd hate to have to send in my boarding pass as proof of the journey in order to get the miles logged into my account... :-(

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

and something to have you perhaps chuckling for the day:

(31st March: medical blooper calendar) Overheard while in line at a hospital cafeteria:
- "Is that flounder?"
- "No, that's fish."
- "What kind of fish is it?"
- "Fried."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...