Monday, April 18, 2005

coffee and surfing

It is SO weird to be doing this again after almost six months...

Here I am in Starbucks KLCC, equipped with a coffee and a laptop, surfing on a nice broadband connection.

I REALLY miss broadband!!!

In my previous life, I was a regular pseudo-techno-geek. My haunts would be either Coffee Bean here in KLCC and at Ampang Point. In fact, I had my favourite table(s) to choose from over at Ampang Point, and would be there almost daily! There I'd be with laptop, webcam, mic/earphone PLUS insect repellent spray to ward off the mosquitoes! Most of the time, I'd be there till they drew the shutters down!

Have yet to visit the KLCC venue, but have been to the Ampang Point one twice already :) The great thing about being a regular, even tho I have not been around for 6 months, is that the "regular" staff still recognised me! They even immediately fixed me my regular drink... I didn't have the heart to tell them I wanted something OTHER than an ice vanilla latte regular skim milk :p

Of course, now, since I'm on a budget, I'm not going to fork out the RM30+ to be able to surf at my beloved beanie... so instead, right now I'm just gonna have to put up with ickky coffee from starbux while I take advantage of their free broadband service :D

Haven't visited the YahooGames sites for such a long time... so NOT worth it on dialup! May just do that... once I'm done with the many updates! Thus laptop has not been online for six months... how many security updates do you think Zone Alarm, AVG and microsoft have issued since then??

ok... me off to surf surf surf... yippie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...