Monday, October 09, 2006

short answer / long answer

So Kosh and I are slowly making our way through Babylon 5 Season 4 DVDs... ever since we got to the "get the hell out of my galaxy" episode, the pull of the show has waned tremendously. Getting things sorted out on Mars/Earth certainly does not hold the same fascination as getting the Shadows and Vorlons sorted out :p

Anyways.

So we were watching Bab 5 the other day, and one episode referred to the Helsinki Syndrome. Kosh and I looked puzzledly at each other: "Eh? I thought that's the Stockholm Syndrome?" Turns out that the former is a common mistake which, if not originating from then definitely perpetuated by an error in Die Hard the movie.

Chalk THAT up as your useless bit of trivial information for the day, courtesy of Lynne.

Oh, and in case you were wanting an explanation for this post's title?

It's from today's Dilbert comic strip [click here, click date of 10/09].

It caused me to LOL at 6am - what an EXCELLENT day to start my day! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you're Dilbert's fan? I had one of the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certainly a Scott Adams fan - he's got a different perspective on many things: a perspective I wish was more prevalent among us all!

    Thus, it's well and good to like Dilbert, but can I stomach his foray into a different label-defying genre? I know I certainly appreciated the last ["serious"] chapters in The Joy of Work, Dilbert Principle & Dilbert Future much much more than I did the rest of those books.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...