Friday, October 13, 2006

Weekend whimsies

... can you believe it SNOWED yesterday??!!

okay so it didn't accumulate here, but still... urgh... winter has certainly delivered its first punch. [some places got 2 feet of snow, for goodness sake! places where the trees' leaves hadn't even turned yet!]

Oh don't get me wrong, while I prefer warm weather, I don't hate winter or snow... I'm just disgruntled due to it being a bit out-of-season... but hey, today the weather's corrected itself and this weekend is supposed to relatively warm, so yay! :-)


...


Q: Why would I be dropping FOUR passport photos and FIFTY-FOUR pages in the mail?
A: To get to the next step in the paperwork requirements. So the ball is heading to the USCIS' court right now. Yay!

...

And hey, I just caught a segment on the news about The Harmonica Man's son's skateboard park effort! Made me feel all funny inside having an overlap between "real life" [well, as real as tv ever gets...] and "blogging life".

...

And guess what? I'm starting to read again! Whoohooo!!
- The Lincoln Lawyer - Michael Connelly
- Life of Pi - Yann Martel
- currently reading Sunstroke - Jesse Kellerman
- next on the list The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd

Have a good weekend, y'all!

4 comments:

  1. It sprinkled a little snow here in Iowa the other day, and I got a bit excited for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It showed? Lucky you ;-)
    Here it is still pretty warm but cloudy (about 20°C during the day, if i can trust that cheap thermometer sitting outside the kitchen window).

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops.. typo.. the posting above should have said "It snowed?" and not "It showed?". *sigh*

    The lucky you part does not change. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for the linkage to Austin's story! This truly is an amazing time for the little guy. Glad you got the chance to see it! I posted the video on my site now too, but I had to help my oldest (and nerdier) son put it on YouTube first. Thank God for teenagers!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...