Friday, December 01, 2006

interlude

am working on some death-related perspectives, and it's taking some time.

in the meantime, thought I'd share something I found this when roaming the 'net a while ago.

I seems that some hijabis have taken to wearing some badges saying:
    'My feet are cleaner than your face.'
    -picture of taking the wudhu' (ablution) for the feet-

    'Relax, it's a headscarf, not a bomb'

    'My name causes national security alerts. What does yours do?'

I find these hilarious!

Now, if I'm not mistaken, these were sighted in Oz, thus indicating that despite having a "head" who likens women to raw meat and places the blame of rape totally on women, there's a small flash of hope that some Muslims there have a sense of humor and some creativity.

Sure, you can read them as totally arrogant too, but, trust me, the fact that humour and creativity seem present is a miracle to be thankful for!

Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...