Thursday, November 17, 2005

infomercial schminfomercials?

Yesterday we had the first snow of the season. Bleah!! Sure, it was more a flurry than anything else,,, but still... so I had to bid an official goodbye to the unseasonably warm weather I'd been enjoying for so long!!

Yesterday also, did over 2 hours of racquetball... and while I was certainly chasing the ball down a lot more than in the past (I attribute that to the 2 weeks of regular cardio workouts), my back was telling me it didn't like the exertion that much. Once we got back, I drew myself a nice hot bubbly bath and crawled in... aahhhhh, bliss! So while I am still kinda sore all over today, I know it's nowhere near as bad as it would have been sans soak :-)

~~

You ever been tempted by all those infomercials on tv?

I stumbled across a site that highlights Infomercial Scams: I thought it would highlight on the products itself, but the few things I clicked on seemed to be complaints about the vendors not honoring the "money back guarantee", or charging credit cards without the customer ever receiving the products... which is bad enough, actually... seems like even in this country where customers have so many rights that don't even exist (or exist but never enforced) in Malaysia, there are still many problems in this area...

Y'know, I *have* been tempted by some of those products out there... my skin, while certainly not moon crater land, is not breakout-free either, so I've been debating about getting the Proactiv product for a while now... Then I wonder if I should go for something like Bare Minerals instead, since that is a non-obvious make-up product... but it looks like so many steps to apply... and at the end need to take it all off anyway, using something like Proactiv, LOL.

aaaaanyway...

will be blogging more regularly next week, probably...

till then, take care, y'all!

5 comments:

  1. There are "As Seen on TV" stores in the malls up here... the products don't look as cool there.

    Also, tried ProActiv and found it painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I've got that Einstein thing too!! We're obviously on the same wavelength; I've put a link to you on my blog, and will use it to visit you more often!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lynne.. My first minute back here.. Sending you good thoughts, and hehehe...(clever post!) *bye-bye: for now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog! i m first time here thru snglguy's blog. will kepe it regular now...and tag it in mine :)htz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cool, loads of comments! Whoohooo!!

    Omni: I think I got the Einstein from your page :-D And thanx for linking to me, drop by often, k? I'm visiting your page pretty often myself :-)

    snglguy: car sampoo/wax? yeah, no matter what they say, those things probably need you to expend tons of elbow wax to get the effect they boast of on tv :p

    elisette: yikes, painful? Will keep that in mind...

    Mensa: heyya! haven't seen ya for a while, welcome back! hugs!

    Crossdove: hi again :-)

    KanishK: kewl, a new reader!! Hope you like what you see, and will drop by often!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...