Sunday, November 06, 2005

take the weather with you

Blogger, or this browser, had some problems last night... the article I typed kept "disappearing" when I hit the draft / publish buttons. It was so frustrating. And I'd remember, then forget, to do "copy all" before hitting either of those buttons, so I'd lose it all, retype, lose it again... I gave up.

So, sorry dear reader, you were robbed of a blog entry last nite.

Moving on.

The storm with tornado-potential that was supposed to hit yesterday afternoon hit around midnight instead. No tornados tho, me glad! I had hit the sack but was not yet asleep-asleep, keeping an ear out for the sound of rain & thunder and wind. I like the majesty of mother nature it all her stormy glory :-) But it was probably this same system that hit Indiana around 2am, and generated tornados there: 15 dead according to the article I just found.

Yesterday ended up being a day of rest for me: the sky was overcast all day, and it rained sporadically throughout. And it was cold(er). So I didn't do that walk to the sauna as planned. Stayed in and finished a book instead.
Villains by Necessity by Eve Forward
Having read oh so many fantasy novels, which at the heart is almost always a tale of good struggling against evil, this book is in a similar vein, yet it has a different enough take on the subject that kept me going. In a land where the forces of Good actually managed not only to defeat Evil, but eradicate Evil from the land, such an unnatural imbalance of Good & Light may well lead to the destruction of the land itself! It ends up that a band of accidental traveling companions, who seem to be the last remaing "evil" people in the world, to bring Evvil back, in order to bring the world back into balance. I found the book simple. Yes, it was different, but simple. I think I would have appreciated this tale much more in my younger, less sophisticated days, before Robert Jordan, before George R R Martin, before King's Dark Tower series. But still. It's a pleasant enough read.
Plans for today? Well, the weather's still iccky: looks like a light drizzle, and lots of strong wind. Maybe I'll stay in again today. Tomorrow & Tuesday it's supposed to be up in the 70'sF, can you believe it? The weather's really confused!

We'll see if I can post this without any heartache...
(Yep, heartache central! something is REALLY wrong??!! I'm trying this now with the Internet Explorer for Mac as opposed to Safari. No firefox on this one, unfortunately)

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...