Skip to main content

T minus One

[The boring countdown to the wedding continues...]

The day before the wedding:

    He arrived about 24hrs after my parents. Had already provided information for him to take the airport shuttle to the hotel. Was puzzled about why he was so quiet: turns out that his phone needed to be manually switched to whatever frequency/system used here in the U.S., so it took him a while to realise that, then to play around and figure out how to do that switching. But once that was achieved - yahooo! Technology is a wonderful thing, when it works!

    Remember the whole crisis about him having/not having the necessary days off? Well, at T minus One, he was working, but one he got off work, he'd be off for THREE WHOLE DAYS! But... had no idea *when* he'd actually be able to leave the hospital.

    This was the only major uncertainty of the whole weekend.

    And boy oh boy.. what an uncertainty!! Even tho he did manage to leave slightly earlier than feared, he still needed to pack [I'd suggested he pack the night before, but that's too much advance planning for him! And he was on call too anyway, sh*tty schedule and all... so I tried to pack for him, but, there was only so much I could do...]! Finally got all our sh*t together, hopped into the car, got onto the highway.

    Except that the highway was a parking lot.

    No kidding.

    I expected heavy traffic and all... but I did *not* expect a parking lot.

    So we ended up paralleling the highway on sideroads, dealing with loads of traffic lights, desperately reading the roadmap to figure out our best route...

    Finally made it back to the highway further along, and it was clear! Of course, reaching that place took us over an hour for what should have been like a 20min journey.


Arrived at the hotel. Greeted my parents and brother in lobby - they'd been waiting for over 30mins [but were aware of our tardiness, thanx to my brother being sms-able!]. Checked-in, dumped stuff in room, then hopped on the pre-booked hotel shuttle to get us to Kosh's sister's place.

Sure, we could have driven, but we both intended to imbibe in acheyhol, and since the hotel provided free shuttle service within the area, we took full advantage of it!

Meet & Greet:
    Kosh's sis and hubby hosted a great bbq steak dinner accompanied by mucho of the acheyhol and plenty of the conversation. This also happens to be the first time the Naraneks and the H's meet: everyone seemed to survive the encounter. Amazing!

    The hotel shuttle picked us back up at 1030pm. I was not even buzzing, so headed down to the hotel bar for another round of drinks. Eh. Not outstanding. But even tho my day the next day was only scheduled to start at 11am, there was going to have to be major coordination among all the parties involved... so headed up and hit the hay [hey!!] anyway.

Bored out of your skulls yet?? I have another three or so posts to go!


Popular posts from this blog

Noritta Samsudin: Case closed? WTF?

I was amazed to read that Datuk Mustapha Abdullah, the city police chief considers the Noritta Samsudin murder case closed. (Click here and here for some articles)

In July 2004, one En Hanif Basree Abd Rahman was acquitted and discharged by the court on the murder of Noritta. Of course, the months leading up to that ruling made for gross reading in the local newspapers… Early on I decided to just not read the papers, as it was obvious that the murder victim, who seems to have been a high-class callgirl, was the one being judged. I’m certain I did the right thing, for as time went by, more and more people started complaining about the level of detail being reported by the papers. Details about tears in the vagina, and age thereof seemed to be the focus of the court, rather than on the clients. Then again, from early on it was rumoured that many VIPs were among the victim’s “customers”, hence the blinkered focus on the victim rather than her clients. And the clients who…

BOH Seri Songket flavored teas

For many a year, boxes of BOH's Seri Songket flavored tea have served as handy buah tangans for relatives and friends in Switzerland and the USA, providing exotic teas in an exquisite bit of packaging. I'd not tasted any of these teas for myself, though, so this time around on my trip to Malaysia I made it a point to get me a few boxes of my own.

I picked three: Earl Grey with Tangerine; Passion Fruit; and Lime & Ginger; and have tasted two out of the three so far. According to Moomykin, the unlikely Lychee Rose combination is surprisingly good, so I'll grab that next time. Other flavors available in theory are Cinnamon; Clove & Cardamom; Mango; and Vanilla.

Review of the Seri Songket Passion Fruit flavored tea:
I've had this twice so far.

When you open the sachet, the smell/flavor is rather overpowering. But it all disappears when the teabag is steeped in hot water.

The first time, I used one bag to make 4 cups of tea. It seemed a touch watery, and tasted j…

It's been a while...

It's been so long.

Here's what's been going on. I had one kid, then another. Thing One / Nova was my first ever exposure to a kid. I'd never changed a diaper until he came along, and even then I deferred to the hubs or the NICU nurses before I forced myself to overcome that ?fear?.

He is my first. So I always wondered during tough times, was it just me? Or was it also him?

Turns out, it was us both.

He starts First Grade this August. He's currently being (re-)evaluated for an IEP (Individualised Education Plan). ADHD. ODD. ASD. SPD. The journey to these labels was a long one. And still ongoing because I don't think we have it quite right yet. But the labels help. I fought against getting labels. But now I seek them. Anything to help understand. Never in a million years would I have foreseen me medicating my kids. Yet here I am, seeking new meds, getting him a genetic test that should help identify which medications should help him, since the usual suspects see…