Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wednesday Waddles

Guess who's feeling large today? :-( nvm, just ordered this from amazon.com, should be here in two days, then I can get a handle [haha] on just how bad the fat% on me is, then get a more useful target defined.

yeah.

Anyways - thought I'd share a little bit of trivia I came across today:

    We've all seen those court scenes on tv, where witnesses called to the stand swear that they will tell "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".

    Did anyone stop and think it through why it would be specified so, well, specifically?

    1. "the truth" : understood lah - not supposed to lie lah

    2. "the whole truth" : you can lie by omission mah! Then again, is it the onus of the lawyers to ask the correct probing question? Otherwise, well, "you don't ask, I don't tell" maaah!

    3. "nothing but the truth" : You could answer a question truthfully but mix it with an untruthful statement. After all, the best lie is one that is founded in truth!


Heh.

Next on the agenda:
- meditation
- litterbox
- shower etc
- head out on some errands [there's a brand new Wal-Mart that finally opened its doors *today* in Chicago - am wondering if it's going to be crowded... cos I might wanna check it out, just because, you know, it's Wal-Mart. Kinda miss it. Target just doesn't do it for me! Except for their USD 1 Zone bars!!]

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lynne!

    Ok, ok, if you are feeling large, you can always go to my blog and find an even larger person. Not to say HUGE person. Because I am. Judging by the pics I've seen here, you are so not large. I don't think so.

    What a cool gadget you got yourself at amazon.

    Good luck with that!

    love Monsoon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GDay Lynne,
    Testing Testing
    Do you receive me?
    Ork

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...