Wednesday, September 13, 2006

so, true or not??

Earlier this year, Veya had kept me updated about some drama unfolding on-air: some hubby was a successful caller to get a free bouquet of flowers, and he dedicated them to this girl; it so happened that his wife was listening, and that girl the flowers were being dedicated to? Not the wife. [i wrote a little about it here]

Then today, I received in my inbox a supposed on-air conversation between a radio DJ, an Indian wife, and her Indian husband - taking place in the u.s. It sounded exactly like the scenario Veya had told me, that I immediately smelled a rat. Especially since the husband's dedication message was quite over the top [thanking "sharon" for teaching him all those new/different positions]. {can't find an existing version online, so can't point you there, sorry!}

But then again, you never know - maybe that *was* a genuine situation - the last names and other identifying information were beeped out of that soundclip I'd received, after all...

But anyway - decided to check out snopes to see if there was anything behind this tale... and it turns out that a girlfriend found out in this manner that her boyfriend was actually married! [see here][Includes link to the original on-air discovery]

So, is the "Indian Radio" soundclip I received genuine, or just a publicity stunt of a radio station, or perhaps taken from a comedy show somewhere? And what about what Veya heard on Malaysian radio in April?

Eh.

Do I *really* care?

No, not really. But I would like to be able to confidently say "yeah, it's funny but don't believe it, it's a fake" or "yeah, and did you know it's so totally true?!" if ever this subject comes up in conversation... because I'd like to know one way or another, whether I'm perpetuating a false tale or not!!

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, I listened to that audio of the radio conversation. What a d**khead this guy... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well things like this do happen. We had an incident on the very local radio here:

    A kid called in on the kids' show on a saturday morning. Conversation went like this:

    Host: So are you allowed to call?
    Kid: yes, my mum is right here with me
    Host: Ok, and what are you doing today?
    kid: I am in mum and dads bed
    Host: So you, mum and dad are beign a bit lazy this morning?
    Kid: I don't know about dad, cause he is in the north sea, but the man in mum's bed is sure being lazy with us

    *yellng and screaming*
    *lol* Talk about being caught on air. Names and everything had been said. Oh God!

    Hugs Monsoon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wakakaka... I love the joke by monsoon!

    Lynne, is it wrong for a married man to dedicate a bouquet of flowers to a girl, whoever she is? I am married too but I do dedicate flowers to my friends ...girls, whom I admired their company and friendship. Can I sent you a piece of rose??? (a bouquet is too expensive for me; wakakakaka!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived near Detroit for a little while and every Thursday morning they had a program called "war of the roses" where - you guess it - they'd call unsuspecting people up and ask them to participate in a survey. For their cooperation they were granted a free dozen roses to send to anywhere in the USA.
    Of course, this wasn't real and the significant other would be on the phone waiting to find out if they were being cheated on.
    A LOT of them were. Then the couple would have it out on-air and people would call into the station to give their two-cents.
    Very sad but often very entertaining... so yep your story could be true after all :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...